Sherpa Kids Staff
Sherpa Kids staff when interacting with your children will:
- Take time to establish a rapport with your children and learn about their unique interests and abilities.
- Model appropriate language and communication skills, safe practices, behaviours, values, and attitudes.
- Be flexible and reactive to children’s emerging interests and needs and encourage children to communicate, explore and be creative and spontaneous.
- Allow children to make decisions, problem solve and express and share their thoughts and opinions.
- Provide opportunities to build upon children’s previous experiences to extend their development and learning.
- Assist children in developing positive relationships with other children/staff and so that children see themselves as a valuable member of the community.
- Use praise and reinforcement with children to boost self-esteem, encourage good practice and celebrate children’s efforts and achievements.
- Anticipate conflict and assist children and families in resolving any issues or instances of bullying and harassment.
- Ensure staff are committed to improving their own professional development and continually challenge their own practices and decision making so as to provide an enriching learning environment for all.